This cowl goes around your neck twice.
The Ravelry page for this pattern, please click here!
Yarn: 1 skein (210 yards) of Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted
Hook: 6.5 mm (K)
Required Skills: Chain, Join in the Round, Double crochet
Instructions (Updated Dec 10, 2010):
- Using 6.5 mm hook, make at least 105 chains loosely (or more if you want your cowl to be loose around your neck. Make sure the chain goes around your neck/head twice comfortably).
- Join in the round with a slip stitch in the first chain to form a ring. Be careful not to twist.
- Make three chains, start double crochet in the second stitch. Work a double crochet in each remaining stitch of a round; total 104 stitches of double crochet, 105 stitches with the first three chains. (Click here for more instructions on double crochet by Annie's Attic.)
- At the end of the round, join the first and last stitches of the round with a slip stitch by inserting the hook into the second chain of the three chains.
- Continue 3 & 4 until the work measures 7" or desired length.
- Weave in ends.
Please feel free to contact me if you find any errors in the instructions!