Friday, February 12, 2010

Shawls, Shawls!

 

Pattern:  Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West
: US 10 / 6.0 mm
Yarn: 2 skeins of Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica, Color 708

I made this beautiful shawl for my fiance.  I couldn't resist wearing it, I borrowed it when I went out for shopping yesterday. It's a very easy pattern, I made the same thing last year using Noro sock yarn.


 

Pattern: Springtime Bandit by Kate Gagnon Osborn 
Needle: US 8 / 5.0 mm, US 10 / 6.0 mm
Yarn: 2 skeins of Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted, Color Alpine Pearl 201

I finally got to try out this pattern.  The pattern is well written, and the chart is easy to follow.  I was surprised how fast I knitted this shawl.  It took me only three days, that's how much I took to finish the Boneyard Shawl.  

I did an extra repeat of the body chart. It made the shawl bigger than the pattern, but I ended up running out of yarn when I got to the last few rows of the edge chart.  I went back and started binding off after row 28 of the edge chart.  It still looks beautiful, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. The Boneyard Shawl is beautiful, very understandable that you've wanted to wear it yourself, haha! I really like that color! The pattern is really nice too... I'm tempted to do that one myself, I've wanted to do a shawl for a long time.
    And yes you are right, the Springtime Shawl is gorgeous! Very elegant design, the colors work perfect with it, it almost reminds me of soft ocean waves, it's really nice!
    I would personally wear both of them happily for sure, hehe. =D

    ReplyDelete