Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year break!

I got some new yarn from my daughter and husband for Christmas.  One of the yarn I got from my husband was the same exact yarn I grabbed for my daughter for Christmas!  We laughed as we opened our gifts because the yarn also had the same colour and dye lot!  My husband was probably confused when he saw me wrapping the yarn for my daughter, he asked me what I'm doing with the yarn lol

I finished knitting the seamless hybrid sweater one day after Christmas.  I'm really happy how it turned out, it fits my husband so well!  I still can't believe I knitted this in 10 days.  That was a lot of knitting!

I started knitting a lace shawl called Traveling Woman for my grandmother's birthday.  It's almost done.  I'm on the chart B on row 14 right now.  I left this work aside for a couple days because I kept dropping stitches.  I was too tired to go back and fix it.  Today I got back to it and it's ready to finish.  I'm glad I took some break from it because knitting lace doesn't go well when I'm frustrated.  I guess it's time for me to invest in getting some lace needles.  I'm blaming my needles for not being sharp enough :P

Ok, so here's my Knitting New Year's resolutions!

1. Try at least one colourwork project. 
2. Knit my mom a sweater.
3. Knit more for myself :-)

I'm not going to try knitting a pair of socks or a shawl every month this year.   Not that I accomplished last year but I think knitting should be something enjoyable, relaxing and fun for me.

I wish everyone a happy new year 2011!  Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment